Let Us Help You With Your Asbestos And Mesothelioma Legal Claim
Mesothelioma is a devastating form of cancer that is caused by exposure to asbestos. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or an aggressive form of lung cancer, you may be entitled to money damages. Asbestos lawsuits have been filed by thousands of people seeking justice and necessary monetary recoveries to help compensate them for the injuries suffered and the costs suffered as a result of mesothelioma.
If you or a loved one was exposed to asbestos, even if it was for a very short period of time or only exposed as a result of limited contact — such as hugging the person or handling clothing of a person who worked around asbestos — you may still have a legal claim if you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or a related asbestos disease.
What Is Mesothelioma?
Mesothelioma is an aggressive form of cancer that develops in the lining of the lungs. The disease most often develops after excessive exposure to a carcinogenic mineral fiber called asbestos. Mesothelioma tends to develop 10 to 40 years after the initial exposure to asbestos. Asbestos was used for decades in a variety of industries including:
- Automobile manufacturing
However, many different industries and professions have used asbestos and their employees have been wrongfully exposed to asbestos. For example, firefighters have one of the highest rates of diagnosis of mesothelioma. It is important to let one of our experienced Chicago injury attorneys help you evaluate whether you have an asbestos claim if you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease, even if:
- Decades have passed since you were exposed to asbestos.
- You were exposed to asbestos for a brief period of time or on a single occasion.
- You experienced second-hand exposure to asbestos through someone else who worked around asbestos.
- You are unaware of how you were exposed to asbestos.
Remember: Mesothelioma can develop over shorter or longer periods of time. It does not occur in all people in the same manner. Also, asbestos has been found in many different industries and even children’s toys. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, our experienced Chicago injury lawyers will help you evaluate your legal claim and options.
Legal Claims And Asbestos Lawsuits
Asbestos lawsuits have been filed by thousands of affected people. The lawsuits allege that manufacturers and employers knew of the medical evidence that linked asbestos exposure to mesothelioma, but disregarded the information and continued to put people at risk. Asbestos is banned in other countries, and industries should require and provide all employees protective gear and safety instructions when any contact with asbestos is possible.
If you believe you or a loved one has suffered as a result of asbestos exposure, please contact one of our experienced Chicago injury attorneys at Foote, Mielke, Chavez & O’Neil, LLC, for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your rights. There are important time limitations that govern your ability to bring a claim and recover money damages. Our injury lawyers are experienced at handling these types of cases and offer a Request Free Case Evaluation to determine if you may have a mesothelioma or asbestos case and to discuss your options. We take these types of cases on a contingency basis which means our clients only pay us if we recover money damages for them.
Put An Experienced Injury Attorney On Your Side
Contact us by calling 630-232-7450 to learn if our injury lawyers recommend you file an asbestos lawsuit, and learn more about your legal rights and options. Please remember:
- Consultations at our law firm are free, confidential and with no further obligation.
- Evening and weekend appointments are available at our law offices in Chicago or Geneva, Illinois.
- Consultations by Skype or telephone are also available.
- Our experienced injury lawyers take these cases on a contingent fee basis. No attorneys’ fees are due until and unless our lawyers recover compensation for you.
- There are important time limitations that govern the ability to file a case. That is why it is so important to get a legal consultation as soon as you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma.