Elizabeth Chavez is a zealous advocate for Plaintiffs across the country. Growing up in the Midwest, Elizabeth has a deep appreciation for the notion that “hard work pays off,” and she believes that hardworking employees should enjoy equal rights in the workplace. Elizabeth counsels and represents employees in a variety of employment litigation matters including discrimination (based on age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion and sexual orientation), sexual harassment, Family Medical Leave Act and retaliation claims. Her vast experience in litigating employment matters, from single plaintiff discrimination suits to collective and class wage claims, affords her knowledge and aptitude that is simply unmatched.
Elizabeth has dedicated a majority of her practice to protecting workers’ rights. She has notable experience prosecuting claims in front of administrative agencies and in state and federal courts. Elizabeth is not afraid to stand up for her clients’ rights, and her fearless mentality gives her the ability to stand up against corporate giants.
In addition to employment litigation, Elizabeth represents Plaintiffs in complex civil litigation ranging from business disputes to antitrust, consumer fraud and injury cases. She has impressive experience litigating multi-district litigation (“MDL”) cases on behalf of individuals who have been harmed or injured. Elizabeth offers a level of advocacy, compassion and dedication to her clients that is truly unparalleled. In 2019 and 2020, Elizabeth was recognized as a SuperLawyers Rising Star, an honor only adorned by 2.5% of attorneys in Illinois.
True to her Midwestern roots, Elizabeth earned a Bachelor of Arts (BA) from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She went on to earn her Juris Doctorate (JD) Degree from Loyola University Chicago School of Law. Elizabeth is a member of the Chicago Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, the National Employment Lawyer Association (“NELA”) and the American Bar Association. She is licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, and the United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois.
- Annoereno, et al., v. Claire’s Stores, Inc., 14-cv-07744
- Baranowska v. Intertek Testing Services NA, Inc., 19-cv-6844
- Garner v. National Railroad Passenger Corporation, 18-cv-03789
- Gomez v. River Trails Condominium Association, 19-cv-06157
- In Re Androgel Related Cases
- In Re Blue Cross Blue Shield Antitrust Litigation, MDL 2406
- In Re Jimmy John’s Overtime Litigation, 14-cv-05509
- In Re Testosterone Replacement Therapy Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2545
- In Re Wholesale Grocery Products Antitrust Litigation, MDL 2090
- Jones v. TSG Staffing, LLC., 18-cv-10321
- Nuger v. Tomy International, 17-cv-01993
- Sheldon, Hunsberger v. State Farm, et al., 19-cv-01080
- Wallace-Howell v. Ultra Foods, 16-cv-07578
- Watt, et al. v. Fox Restaurant Venture, et al., 17-cv-02104
- Wittorp v. Battaglia Food Service Distributors, 19-cv-06555