Craig S. Mielke
Craig S. Mielke
- Workers' Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Eminent Domain
- Law Enforcement Organized Labor
- Complex Litigation
Craig S. Mielke, brings a balance to a firm that already prides itself on a natural cohesiveness.
Admitted to the Illinois State and U.S. District Court Bars in 1980 after earning his law degree from the University of Illinois where he completed his undergraduate studies in 1977. Born in Oak Park in 1955, Mielke has taken on thousands of workers’ compensation cases, gone to jury trials on dozens of cases and been a part of nearly 70 cases heard by the Illinois Appellate and Supreme Courts and U.S. District Courts and Seventh Circuit Appellate Courts.
Mielke is also a part of the firm’s team that works on labor relations matters, including police union contracts. One of his most satisfying efforts was the firm’s work with the Aurora police union. “We’re very proud of Aurora, in particular,” Mielke explains. “We believe they have one of the best contracts in Illinois.”
“Workers’ compensation vary dramatically in size and difficulty, so we can take the smaller cases,” he said. “We try to be of service to all clients big and small.” As it relates to personal injury cases, Mielke agrees with the philosophy of his partners: Doing the best you can, on a professional and emotional level, for people dealing with a difficult time in their lives. “A happy client is our best advertiser to the outside,” he said.
Mielke currently serves as chairman of the Kane County Bar Association’s Civil Practice Committee. He is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. From 1997 to 2000, Mielke served on the Illinois Supreme Court Committee for Civil Jury Instructions. Mielke has done work within the community for the Anderson Animal Shelter and the Fox Valley Girl Scouts.
- University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois, 1980, J.D.
- University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois, 1977
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Honors: President of the Student Investment Society, a student organization
- Major: Accounting
- Supreme Court of Illinois, 1980
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
Classes & Seminars
- What’s New in 2022: An Employment Lawyer’s Guide to trending topics in 2022, LawPracticeCLE, November 2021
- Volunteer Tutor with Lawyers Lend-A-Hand to Youth
- Anderson Animal Shelter
- Fox Valley Girl Scouts
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice (Member)
- Kane County Bar Association, Civil Practice Committee (Chairman)
- Kane County Bar Association (Member)
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy (Member)
- “Raising the Bar: These Are the Legal Pros Other Lawyers Would Call If They Ever Needed Special Help.”
- Top Personal Injury Lawyers, Western Suburbs West Suburban Living, January/February, 2004