Protecting The Rights Of The Injured All Over Chicagoland
Many of our clients have suffered serious or catastrophic injuries. Others have lost loved ones in fatal accidents. Our attorneys are strong advocates for the injured. From offices in Chicago and Geneva, our firm represents clients in communities throughout the Chicago metropolitan area, Northern Illinois, in neighboring states and nationwide.
Five Things To Do If You Have Been Injured In Illinois Or Elsewhere
- Get emergency medical treatment right away.
- Do not make statements to police or insurance companies before talking to an attorney.
- Preserve evidence: Take pictures, keep track of the location of a wrecked car and get contact information for eyewitnesses.
- Work closely with your doctors as you focus on getting well.
- Beware of accepting early settlement offers before your ultimate prognosis has been determined. Keep communication channels open with your personal injury lawyer, who can help you make the right decisions for your financial recovery.
Lawyers Protecting The Rights Of The Injured Nationwide
The laws in Illinois and in most other states are clear: If another party is responsible for causing your accident or contributing to the extent of your injuries, you are entitled to seek full and fair money damages. Negligent parties are responsible for payment either through their insurance companies or directly, in the event policy coverage is not sufficient for the damages.
Wide Variety Of Personal Injury Representation
Foote, Mielke, Chavez & O’Neil, LLC, in Chicago is a full-service personal injury litigation firm with a successful record of helping plaintiffs recover compensation for personal injury claims such as:
- Medical malpractice and hospital negligence
- Birth injuries
- Defective medical devices and dangerous medications, including low testosterone drugs, Actos, Byetta, antidepressant (SSRI) medications and hip implants
- Asbestos-causing mesothelioma
- Slip-and-fall injuries, dangerous and defective buildings or property
- Injuries and accidents on residential property
- Public park injuries, school and playground accidents
- Injuries from assault, insufficient security
- Defective products
- Work-related injuries, Illinois workers’ compensation and lawsuits against third parties
- Construction accidents, including injuries caused by defective ladders, scaffolding, cranes, power tools or heavy equipment
- Dog bites and animal attacks resulting in injuries requiring reconstructive surgery and other costly medical treatments
- Motor vehicle crashes, including car, motorcycle, truck, bicycle, bus, train and aviation accidents
- Mesothelioma caused by asbestos
A note about defective products: FMCO provides legal representation for individuals harmed by defective products and dangerous prescription drugs. Numerous manufacturers continue to jeopardize public health and safety by selling products to unsuspecting consumers which are defective and not fit for their ordinary and intended use. Products often do not perform in accordance with the reasonable expectations of ordinary consumers. In many cases, the manufacturer has been aware of problems for a number of years and left millions of these products on the shelves in which the defects have not been addressed or corrected.
Contact Our Experienced Bodily Injury Claims Lawyers
Call us at 630-232-7450 or use our convenient email contact form to arrange a free case evaluation. Our office hours in Chicago and Geneva are from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Evening and weekend appointments may be available by special arrangement. If you cannot travel to our offices, we are often able to meet with you in your home, hospital room, office or another convenient location.