Compassionate And Skilled Birth Injury Lawyers
When new parents learn that their babies have been injured during prenatal care, labor, delivery or postnatal care, initial reactions typically include shock, grief, anger and confusion. What can you do for your child after he or she has suffered harm because of OB-GYN negligence? Foote, Mielke, Chavez & O’Neil, LLC, is a valuable resource for families coping with the aftermath of a birth injury resulting in:
- Cerebral palsy
- Shoulder dystocia
- Other disorders and injuries occurring before, during or shortly after birth
The Center for Disease Prevention (CDP) estimates that one in every 323 children in the U.S. has been identified with cerebral palsy or CP. If your child falls within this group, was it the result of a preventable birth injury? We pledge to do what we can to find out if we represent your child and your family.
Handling Complex Birth Injury Cases
Our Chicago-area medical malpractice attorneys have handled a wide range of complex, difficult plaintiff’s injury claims and lawsuits. However obscure the evidence, if there is evidence that a health care provider was negligent — and your baby boy or girl was injured as a result — we will find that evidence. We are prepared to compile and present compelling claims on behalf of a child whose life will be infinitely more difficult because of obstetrical or hospital malpractice. Was your newborn injured for one of these reasons?
- The OB-GYN did not properly detect, diagnose and prepare for risk factors that should have indicated a cesarean section (“C-section”) birth would be the safest route.
- Nurses or medical technicians did not adequately monitor the fetus during labor — or did not report irregularities indicated through fetal monitoring systems to the delivering doctor.
- The doctor in charge of delivery did not perform a timely C-section at birth.
- The doctor in charge performed an unnecessary and harmful C-section operation.
Foote, Mielke, Chavez & O’Neil, LLC, stands out among medical malpractice law firms in that we expect the unexpected. We delve deeply until we discover whatever errors or omissions may have occurred and resulted in a birth injury. If we find evidence of malpractice, we bring strong claims on behalf of injured children and their parents.
For Families Coping With Aftereffects Of Birth Injuries
Financial recovery can help your injured newborn obtain therapy and otherwise compensate for a hard road ahead. Call our law offices at 630-232-7450 or complete our online intake form to schedule a consultation with an Illinois lawyer at our Chicago or Geneva offices. We are open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Let us know if you need to request an evening or weekend appointment by special arrangement.